Forum Authorization Required problem

i don’t know what is happening the last days… but i continue getting Authorization Required in the site … any other ? i can’t post no more… if you can read this then mars, mercury, juppiter and the whitehouse are degree aligned with my toilet…

Yea, complained about it in another thread, don’t see how it would be a php issue, seems more related to the server setup.

it seems like an apache directive that is blocking some basic http authorization (since this forum isn’t https)… disturbing anyway ;(

valley (this is his site) says the hostings a bit flakey but it’s only $10 a month.

I think I’m with Lypha (don’t ask, I’ve been with them so long with no problems that I’ve had no need to contact them), forgot my exact deal, but it is something like $14/month, 5 gigs space, 200 gigs bandwidth, mysql/php/python/perl/etc…/etc…, basically everything but postgre.

I think valley said he’s got 10gig space for adbe.org.

I’ve reported it to HasWeb. They’ll fix it when they get a clue.

This is a typical shared hosting site, so it is either very difficult, or often times not possible, to make advanced configuration changes.

You can generally change things in your virtual directory, I can on mine.

depends on what the problem is. I haven’t encountered it yet, so I’m not sure what is going on.

the error is nothing else than a error after pressing submit of a post reply:

Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

this happens casually, maybe more when clicking the preview button once, but changing the topic and then coming back and posting a reply makes the error desappear… now i’m trying to edit the post and…