[FR] CLion Exporter Project Root Exporter Setting

Any chance we could get a Project Root setting for CLion in the Projucer?

From Projucer’s point of view, the project root is the folder that contains the .jucer file. What exactly would you use this Project Root setting for?

The Projucer seems to set the root to where the CMakeLists.txt file is, which is not where the .jucer file is contained and so the Project Tool Window does not reflect the project directory structure very well (it’s just a long list for me). Moving the project root up by two levels to where the .jucer file is tidies things up a bit for me.

Just to note, I’m fairly new to CMake/ CLion so if I’m doing something wrong do let me know.

1 Like

plus one here, not sure about the logic behind it, but I do need to set the project root, to get clion to present the source files in the right structure. (and for all the features to work)

Had same annoyance. I gaffer taped it.

in

\JUCE\extras\Projucer\Source\ProjectSaving\jucer_ProjectExporter.cpp

I just did…

and it worked fine.

1 Like

In the latest version of JUCE, the CLion root project is still not the main directory of the project. And the workaround proposed here doen’t for me. Any idea why this root directory issue is still a problem? CLion proposes to change the root of the project, which I did. But I am not sure this is the right way to do.
Thanks.

From CMake’s point of view, the project root is the folder that contains the top-level CMakeLists.txt file. Projucer creates the CMakeLists.txt file under Builds/CLion instead of next to the .jucer file. I guess CLion is letting you the possibility to choose an arbitrary project root for convenience. Currently, that’s all you can do.

1 Like