Full–Stack Audio Plug–In & App Dev [Work From Home]

As a full-stack audio developer at MAAT, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting our professional audio software sold to users around the world. You will be integral in almost all steps of the build–and–release pipeline, from building prototypes, collaborating with colleagues in the initial design stages, profiling and optimizing time–critical audio and graphical code to sending out builds to beta testers and responding to user support requests.

You are comfortable with taking on a lot of different responsibilities and thrive under autonomy. You are resourceful and will seek out new and better ways to tackle issues without having to be prompted.

Writing clean, DRY-principled, reusable, optimized C++ code is a passion of yours. You keep up-to-date with the current C++ language paradigms and standard template libraries, while always searching for useful libraries and techniques that can save the company time and money while strengthening the code base.

Responsibilities

• Maintain the code repository, currently under git version control
  • Develop native macOS and Windows audio plug–ins and apps using primarily the JUCE framework (32/64 bit AU, VST2, VST3 & AAX)
  • Manually test products on supported DAWs
  • Maintain and implement new automatic unit and DSP regression tests
  • Continue to improve UX and maintain the integration of our Wibu CodeMeter licensing and copy protection system within our products
  • Servicing email support request from users directly

Requirements

• Proficient object–oriented C++ skills
  • Multi–threaded programming skills
  • OpenGL and GLSL skills
  • Proficient in developing in macOS and Windows environments
  • Experience using git version control
  • Understanding of foundational audio DSP theory and experience in implementing DSP algorithms and using existing DSP libraries
  • Understanding of dynamic libraries and dynamically linking
  • Experience with music production software and using DAWs (see our website for supported DAWs)
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to respond to both the very warm and friendly users and those users and prospects who haven’t had their coffee yet…or maybe ever
  • Experience profiling and optimizing bottlenecks in code when needed

Bonus Points

• macOS shell scripting and Windows batch scripting (currently used for build/test system)
  • Understanding of dynamic libraries and dynamically linking
  • Experience building macOS and Windows installers and code-signing products

• This is a remote, work–from–home position
  • Double secret extra bonus points for Twin Cities location

About MAAT Inc.
MAAT Incorporated, a manufacturer of professional audio solutions, is built on the belief that higher accuracy, exceptional fidelity, enhanced workflows and less visual fatigue are hallmarks of better quality. MAAT is derived from “Mastering Academy Audio Tools,” reflecting the deep connection and practical wisdom derived from years of real world experience. MAAT’s reliance on hard science and in–depth research balanced by extensive listening redefines audio tools for professionals worldwide.
More at www.maat.digital

Interested?
Ping oliver @ our maat URL for more info…

0 Likes

Why the long hours and low days off?

I have to say I find this quite weird.

Good luck in your search but in my experience expecting 45 hours a week work is more likely to lead to burn out sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Not to mention the job description sounds like they’re trying to get two engineers for the price of one. Product development + QA + tech support for one person at 45hrs/week, no vacation and no disclosed salary range, no mention of equity… I can get that working for myself!

6 Likes