HELP vst mac cubase - juce plugins kill each other

[quote=“jules”][quote=“andrewsimper”]Do changes to code get logged against a bug tracking number so I can match the commits to each bug fix?
[/quote]

LOL! No, there’s no bug-tracking database. I explain what I’ve fixed in the SVN commit messages, but that’s all you get. If I had to mess about with bug-trackers every time I changed anything, nothing would ever get done![/quote]

I didn’t think there would be, just asking. It might be nice to know through some notification of critical crash causing fixes like the one above. Unfortunately so far in all my plugin releases to date with cytomic all issues that have been reported have been because of bugs in Juce. Having said this, I’m sure that this is way fewer bugs than would be reported if I tried to write everything myself from scratch.

Perhaps I should join up with other plugin developers using Juce and have our own “production fixes” type branch since there are lots of things that can go wrong, and we are on the bleeding commercial edge of it all.

Andrew Simper

I would say the best thing to do is to follow the forum.

Regarding using trunk, this is not a possible solution for plugin developer that support OSX regarding issue with AU and VST UI.

Just like you we(UVI engine developers) use the version right before the Cocoa move and we moved the #ifdef in juce_mac_messaging.mm some time ago.
I have spotted this bug quite some time ago but didn’t advertise it as it was fixed in next release, just didn’t remember I did that until I saw the post with the fix.

My local mods are mostly a non allocating AsyncUpdater, a juce image format based on CoreImage so color profile are applied in images and a better implementation of Juce_isHiddenFile.