Hide taskbar or real fullscreen

hmm no luck yet, this how i should do it right?

class HelloWorldWindow  : public DocumentWindow
{
public:
    //==============================================================================
    HelloWorldWindow()
        : DocumentWindow (T("Hello World"),
                          Colours::lightgrey, 
                          true)
    {
        setContentComponent (new TabsComponent());

setAlwaysOnTop(true);

Desktop& desktop = Desktop::getInstance();
		Rectangle rect = desktop.getMainMonitorArea(false);

setBounds(rect);

setVisible (true);
    }

~HelloWorldWindow()
    {
        // (the content component will be deleted automatically, so no need to do it here)
    }

//==============================================================================
    void closeButtonPressed()
    {
        // When the user presses the close button, we'll tell the app to quit. This 
        // window will be deleted by the app object as it closes down.
        JUCEApplication::quit();
    }
};

Well yes, that’d work, but you can’t use the normal DocumentWindow title bar buttons - you’d be better off just using a custom component for something special like that.

And unless you’re doing some kind of kiosk app, then making it always-on-top would be very annoying because you can’t switch to other apps.

i have created compoment with the jucer (without anything on it) and i have added this to it,s contructor:

setOpaque(false);
	setAlwaysOnTop(true);
	addToDesktop(1,0);

setBounds(-100,-100,2000,2000);

setVisible (true);

and in the application initialise function i do not create the DocumentWindow window any more but create the component. This works just fine, the component appears. It,s really cool how simple it is to add a Component to the desktop :smiley:

but the component is not overlapping the Dock or the menubar :cry: so i have learned somehting cool but not made any progress on setting it absolutely fullscreen.

Oh, if you’re on the Mac it’ll be a lot harder. You have to do some extra messing about to get it to go over the menu bar and dock. I should probably take a look at doing something to make a sort of “kiosk mode” possible on all platforms. Maybe making it always-on-top on the mac might do the trick in the meantime.

Off-topic, as a bit of a punctuation nazi, I’m intrigued by your erm… “unusual” use of commas… is it some kind of leetspeak thing, or has someone moved all your key-caps round for a joke?

aah a kiosk method on the documentWindow object or on a component would be seriously l33t, w00t!

:wink:

Actually the , instead of ’ stuck with me since I first stated scripting php and all my 's would be escaped. I innitially didn,t know why this happended so I started to use the , instead.

ah, I see.

The kiosk thing would be kind of neat, I’ll look into it when I get a moment.

Jules,

While you’re looking at this stuff, please keep in mind the potential for wanting to go full-screen on non-primary monitors. Last time I tried, in addition to not being truly full-screen (i.e., only ‘maximized’ but not covering the task bar, being top-level, etc.), JUCE could only maximize onto the primary display. The ability to get into an exclusive full-screen mode on a secondary display will be very important to my application in the near future.

Anyway, just something I thought I should mention, in case you haven’t thought of it.

Ok, I’ll bear that in mind.