HiDPI and FLStudio

I rebuilt with Juce 5.1 to test, and I’m pretty happy with the High DPI support in Studio One 3.5 and FL Studio 12 though I’ve found that Juce pop-up menus are coming up too small (as though they’re not recognising the double resolution sizing the rest of the plugin UI is now picking up correctly).

Nothing special about them, I’m just making an instance of a juce::PopupMenu, adding items to it, setting a look and feel, then calling show() on it. Can I do anything differently to get them larger?

I think this was addressed here: Breaking Change: PopupMenus now scale according to the AffineTransform and scaling factor of their target components

I found it’s necessary to use showAt or the PopupMenu::Options to make this work by attaching to a component, so show() been a bit broken by this change.

I’m also using TooltipWindow and that suffers from the same problem. I don’t think I can attach that to a component though because the recommendation is to use it in a shared resource pointer (otherwise there are issues with multiple plugin instances).

I’m finding the detection of whether a pop-up is too long to fit on the screen is not working on Windows High-DPI mode. Usually if it is too long then the pop-up appears higher up so everything fits, but this isn’t happening and it just falls off the bottom of the screen without scrolling or making columns.

– Edit: Suggested a fix here: Breaking Change: PopupMenus now scale according to the AffineTransform and scaling factor of their target components