HostedAudioDevice Playhead stuck

When trying to run ProcessBlock() on a HostedAudioDeviceInterface, I find that my transport stays stuck/jitters, similarly to issues caused by normal audio devices.

I noticed that in HostedAudioDeviceType::processBlock(), there are no devices in the list, and I wonder if this is related. This seems to be the code relevant to the audio processing, since the Fifo stuff is for MIDI (my plugin doesn’t use MIDI). I saw a device etting added during HostedAudioDeviceInterface::initialise() (tracktion_HostedAudioDevice.cpp:305) but there are none by the time I get to processBlock() (seems like it might get wiped on the next line when the device manager is initialized).

I think I followed the example in the tracktion repo for the HostedAudioDeviceInterface pretty closely, but still having this issue. Any ideas of where to look?

There have been some big changes in Tracktion Engine recently. Can you please try the tip of the develop branch and build the EngineInPlugin demo and see if the problem persists there please?