How to inherit from AudioPluginInstance

Hello,

I try to do an augmented plugin object. (with more function like dry, wet, gain in, gain out)

I would like to have a class AugmentedAudioPluginInstance which inherit from AudioPluginInstance, with a ctor like this :

AugmentedAudioPluginInstance::AugmentedAudioPluginInstance(AudioPluginInstance* plug);

But I didn't found a pretty way to implement this now.

Could someone please guide me ?

Thanks a lot,

Louis

hi,

in AudioPluginInstance, it is written :

This class is not needed when writing plugins, and you should never need to derive

your own sub-classes from it. The plugin hosting classes use it internally and will

return AudioPluginInstance objects which wrap external plugins.

I think you want to inherit from AudioProcessor instead

Hi lalala,

Why not, but what i would like to do is to keep all my object properties. Even with an Audioprocessor object, the only solution i found is to use composition instead of inheritance, like this :

void processBlock(...){

memberPlugin->processBlock(...);

}

I have to do it for each method, which does a lot of useless code and useless overheads.

no, you should totally use inheritance :

class AugmentedAudioPluginInstance : public AudioProcessor

{

};

that's should be fine!

here is recent open source project if you need an example of such a pluginAudioProcessor :

https://github.com/semanticaudio/SAFE/blob/master/JuceModules/SAFE_juce_module/PluginUtils/SAFEAudioProcessor.h

https://github.com/semanticaudio/SAFE/blob/master/JuceModules/SAFE_juce_module/PluginUtils/SAFEAudioProcessor.cpp

obviously there's many thing in there that you don't want, but that should get you started pretty well. and the code style is totally jucy! :)

Thank you for your response lalala,

But with your code you can't create an SAFEAudioProcessor from an existing AudioProcessor, and that is what I'm trying to do.

Okay,

So I did a class inheriting from AudioProcessor, with a private member AudioProcessor mPlugin

I overrided every function from AudioProcessor, and now it works fine.

I also overrided AudioProcessorEditor to enlarge the window and put 4 new knobs (dry, wet, gain In gain out)

I will clean the code before posting.

Thanks you for your help lalala and good night,

Louis