How to install system-wide, share content and keep sandboxing conformity?

Thanks for the nice summary!

I was also looking into a good place for (user-wide) activation info storage (we want an application to be activated for all users on the system, not just the one who ran the installer and activated it).

What we’ve been doing for “shared, read/write”, is use the /Library/Application Support/[Manufacturer]/[Product] folder for that as well, but have the installer (also the superb Pachages tool here) create our [Product] folder with fully open permissions (drwxrwxrwx), so that the app can then also write in there, not only read. There no readable info in the files stored there, but I’ve never really liked that, so moving these files to a folder in /Users/Shared indeed seems to be the way to go.
Thanks for sharing this info!

1 Like

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

With the recent/upcoming changes in macOS regarding notarisation, I’m wondering if it will affect plugin access to shared files in E.g. /Library/Application Support/[Manufacturer]/[Product]?

I’m looking to store data for both multiple instances of one of my plugins, and ideally also provide that data to other plugins from different manufacturers, via a library I am working on.