How to organize SSE code better + Loop Unrolling?

Ok, uploaded the files to GitHub

https://github.com/WilliamKWusik/Wusik-JUCE

Changed a heck load of stuff there. :wink: The Envelope class now has some extra stuff.

Iā€™m wondering if I could create a base-class for the SIMD stuff and with that create extra ones. Specially for SSE to SSE3 and SSE4 and AVX to AVX with FMA3. Instead of having to duplicate a lot of codeā€¦

You should probably check your links after posting - doesnā€™t work for me. :grinning:

Weird, maybe I set to private, let me check. The link is good.

https://github.com/WilliamKWusik/Wusik-JUCE

Free to be used and redistributed, just mention me somehow.

You might want to put a proper license file in the repo (probably something like MIT perhaps if you want some recognition in anything that uses the code and youā€™e not interested in restricting use in commercial products), otherwise I could just shout your name out my window, that counts as mentioning you somehow :wink:

Yeah, that counts. :wink: I donā€™t mind, any type of mentioning is good. Iā€™m just too busy right now to even copy and paste something.

Iā€™m live on twitch nowā€¦

Updated the whole thing and also added the latest Wusik ZR code where Iā€™m testing the envelope and simd code.

Catch me LIVE on twitch right now. :slight_smile:

Cheers, WilliamK

Iā€™ve always been amazed that so many millions of people choose to spend their leisure time watching other people playing computer gamesā€¦ But is it also now a ā€œthingā€ to watch other people writing codeā€¦!??

That just shows to you how OLD you are, LOL :wink: (please, be gentleā€¦)

Yes, I figured thatā€™d be the reason!

2 Likes

Perhaps we could watch you paint a wall and then watch it dry Jules? :wink: Seriously, I do see something more interesting about watching someone code than watching someone play a game, but then I think Iā€™m also too old to find any value in the latter, yet does seem to be all the rage with the yoot these days.

edit: Also I still canā€™t fathom why my 4 year old is so obsessed with ā€œopeningā€ videos, just watching someone open a toy/kinder egg/whatever crap, but she also loves Blippi, so thereā€™s no accounting for taste. :joy:

I donā€™t know if itā€™s really about watching people code. I suppose thatā€™ll be quite boring.

Iā€™ve watched some Jonathan Blow stuff on youtube (which was originally in his Twitch stream). The ones I watched (at youtubeā€™s suggestion) werenā€™t at all watching him code but more of interesting talks / discussions which he came well prepared with an agenda for. I also checked out Edward Kmettā€™s (but only watched a few minutesā€¦) and those too seem to be less about watching someone code and more of an instructional video / experience aimed at teaching stuff.

Daniel Shiffman is an interesting watch, he appears to aim his ā€˜coding trainā€™ directly at youngsters. And he covers some surprisingly complex subjects in coding: -
Itā€™s his personality that wins it everytime.

My videos are just simple uncut live work, not tutorials or anything like that. Is just me trying to figure things out and code them out, and I try to explain as much as I can. :wink:

I thought I had some good keyboard skills, but heck you donā€™t even need to use the damn mouse

{hug} :slight_smile: