I made a semi-modular synth plugin and would love some feedback on it

Hello!

I made a semi-modular subtractive synth which is based on a grid to which you attach different modules. You can attach sound sources, effects and modulators. As you can see in the video below, the sound flow goes down, and modulators such as envelope and LFO are just floating on the grid and can be added to parameters by drag & drop. I’m not sure if something similar exists, but I always wanted to play with something like this and no existing plugin I’m familiar with could quite achieve (simply, at least) what I’m looking for.

This is a short demo video of me making a super saw patch with delayed ping-pong style square waves:

I would greatly appreciate if you guys could spare a couple of minutes watching it and sharing your opinion. At this point I feel I have a solid MVP, but I’m not sure if there would be any interest (besides mine :smiley: ) to actually use it.

9 Likes

Well done :wink:

1 Like

This is great. Really love the interface and its simplicity. This has a lot of potential.

Well done.

1 Like

Really original and cool interface idea with the overlapping “channel strips”

1 Like

You’ll have to excuse me but I glanced at your edit :smiley: and I agree about the size…
I just made them slightly bigger and it feels better, but I don’t want to go too crazy at this moment because I don’t have interesting visuals for most of the modules yet.

amazing stuff! ever thought about a mobile version?

1 Like

I guess with JUCE it wont be so hard… But there’s still a lot of work to be done on the synth before it’s considered :wink:

So maybe in the future!