iPhone SDK4 compile issue

Hi Jules,

Just wondering if you aware that the current juce build do not compile with the iPhone SDK set to 4.0 (works fine in 3.2 though)

Here is the error:

Thanks,

I wasn’t aware, I’ve not done an iphone build for a while - thanks, I’ll take a look!

I’m getting that error with an iOS3.2 build (iPad).

The simulator works fine, the iPad build fails on that. Can’t try 4.0 with iPad, of course.

Bruce

Changing the stat defines to be change with TARGET_IPHONE_SIMULATOR, not all iOS, let me compile. Have to do the traditional provisioning nonsense to try to run it.

Bruce

That works. I gue3ss just the simulator needs the different definition? @otristan - maybe you didn’t clean and that’s why 3.2 seemed to work? Or maybe it’s an ipHone versus iPad thing?

Bruce

I did clean build.
It’s a difference between iPhone/iPad

The TARGET_IPHONE_SIMULATOR does indeed fix the issue.

Well in fact the TARGET_IPHONE_SIMULATOR do not fix the issue.

I’m still unable to compile an iPhone app using the SDK 4 for both iPhone and iPad.
(target is 3.2)

Does this work for you ?

I think so… My build is set to family iPad/iPhone. Architectures: Optimized armv7, build iOS 3.2, Deployment target 3.2. That’s with xcode 3.2.4.

Maybe the arch - building arm v6 and v7 may cause a problem?

Bruce

Is that a typo ?

Otherwise you’re building with ios 3.2 not 4

Nope. Like I said:

[quote=“Bruce Wheaton”]I’m getting that error with an iOS3.2 build (iPad).

The simulator works fine, the iPad build fails on that. Can’t try 4.0 with iPad, of course.[/quote]

You did say you were trying to compile for SDK 4, targeting the iPad? I didn’t know the iPad 4 simulator was available, it may be in Beta.

The stat problem seems to be a weird combination of sim/device/OS.

Bruce

You can compile with the official SDK 4 but targeting for 3.2 device
It should build and run fine.