Sharing this on behalf of IRCAM
C++ developer of interactive audio applications using the JUCE framework (W/M)
Fixed-term contract of 6 months starting from May 2019, possibility of transformation into a permanent position
INTRODUCTION TO IRCAM:
IRCAM is a non-profit organization that is associated to the Centre Pompidou (Centre national d’art et de culture Georges Pompidou). Its missions comprise research, production, and education related to contemporary music and its relation to science and technology. The department for Innovation and Means for Research (IMR) handles, besides other topics, the various aspects of tech transfer of the research results produced in the research teams. IRCAM is located in the centre of Paris near the Centre Pompidou, at 1, Place Igor Stravinsky 75004 Paris.
You will integrate the IMR department and will be responsible for the conceptual design and development of user interfaces and application layers for AudioSculpt (version 4), a standalone audio application for sound visualisation, analysis and transformation built with the C++ JUCE framework. The different variants, will be designed with the goal to adapt to different segments of the professional audio production market, and will target Mac OS and Windows environments. The development activities will be performed under the responsibility of the head of the Tech transfer service (part of IMR), and in close collaboration with the research teams that are contributing the signal processing algorithms, and the commercial and industrial partners. Your responsibilities will cover all aspects of building and delivering commercial applications, starting with software architecture, and interface design, development of cross-platform applications, packaging, testing, and communication with end users at IRCAM and in the IRCAM Forum.
Links to related software:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES ET SKILLS:
- You are a C ++ developer / designer experienced in designing interactive audio applications with the JUCE framework with a strong interest in music and sound applications.
- You have worked on one or more major projects involving the creation of a multimodal and interactive application (ideally on an already commercialized project).
- You have a good knowledge of software design patterns.
- Sensitive to visual creation and human-machine interactions, you master the graphic interface design (UI/UX) andare able to realize prototypes and components quickly from a graphic chart and/or simple specifications.
- You have a good knowledge of the JUCE framework (ideally you have already developed several projects with thisframework).
- You are familiar with editing and sound creation tools such as ProTools, Ableton Live, MaxMSP, and/or similar tools.
- You have excellent knowledge of C ++.
- You produce robust, reusable, and portable code.
- You have demonstrated rigor, autonomy, and reliability, listening and relational abilities in your professional activity.
According to education and professional experience.
Deadline for application: April, 25th, 2019
Please send an application letter together with your resume and any suitable information addressing the above issues preferably by email to:
or via postal mail to
Hugues Vinet, IRCAM, 1 Place Stravinsky, 75004 Paris.