Juce and the ReWire API

Googling around for an idea of what it would take to implement ReWire, and I found an old thread featuring a nice chap called ‘Jules’ who did an implementation: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/archive/raw_material_software/2002-12/12381.php

I wonder if he’s considered moving that over to his other projects? Or even some insight as to where it would fit in a juce context.

Bruce

Was that really 10 years ago…?? Wow.

I seem to remember rewire being a total PITA to get working - not sure if I’d want to repeat the experience, even if I did have time to consider doing it!

I think it would be great to be in juce. What if I said I would throw some money into the pot to get it done. Almost every audio program written with juce would benefit.

I’m afraid I don’t have any time that I could sell you at the moment.

But if someone else did a decent job of developing it, I’d be happy to merge in the end result.

Necromancing this thread... Jules is there any chance can you share some bit of the tracktion rewire old code or something to start creating a juce module?

Thanks in advance.

The stuff in tracktion is massively intertwined with everything else in the app, I don't think there's anything I could usefully share..