JUCE Assertion Error

I am currently having a problem with a certain error I am getting. I was trying to add a simple rotary knob onto my plugins UI but now when I run I get and error that states: Thread 1: EXC_BREAKPOINT (code=EXC_I386_BPT, subcode=0x0). The command window reads: JUCE Assertion failure in juce_Slider.cpp:1376 followed by 11db on the next line. I have provided a screen shot of where the assertion failure is. I am still pretty new to JUCE with Xcode so any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

When you hit an assert, always move your eyes a few lines up, it reads:

And to understand an assert, it tells the debugger to stop right there, if the condition is not true, so the user sees the code, that caused it to stop.

In your case, you messed with startAngleRadians or endAngleRadians. They are supposed to be positive.

Strange, I see it with my inner eye, but can’t find it in the documentation right now.
Basically you start with the startAngle 0 <= startAngle <= 2 * PI (because trigonometry is defined for these values only), and endAngle allows you up to 4 * PI, that way you can define a region crossing the 12 o’clock position.

HTH

In my code I do have both the starting radian and ending radian above zero. I even tried commenting out the new parameter but i still get the error.

When you are in the debugger you can look at the call stack, which is the list of function calls that has gotten you to the failing assertion. You can jump into the context of each of these calls an inspect the values of variables at each point. With a bit of digging this should show you where things are going wrong.