[quote=“valhallasound”]Since Jules restored Carbon support to the main tip, how will production_1_46 differ from the tip? Will it have polymorphic plugins, or will it use the older style of compiling cross-platform plugs?
I am currently working with the tip, but will try out things with the production_1_46 branch when it arrives. I appreciate the work both on the tip and on the alternate branch.[/quote]
I have coded polymorphic plugins supported on mac, but I’m using Symbiosis for the Au since it supports multiple buses and Juce doesn’t. I have not supported polymorphic plugins at win since I can’t compile the RTAS version since I’m using VS2008 and need to jump through extra hoops to compile their code and not use their static libs which were made with VS2005. Other things I’ve done to the production_1_46 branch:
- Lock free dsp core with data and parameter passing
- Fixed buffer allocation so there is no memory allocation in “process” which is a no go on some platforms
- Memory barrier booleans instead of volatile in the timer code
- Support for external sidechain in and aux outputs in RTAS
- Async dialog boxes and popup menus and text edit boxes in new windows so you can always get key strokes no matter what host. Having these async means you never get crashes on quit.
- Probably a few other things I can’t remember doing
I’ll get the production_1_46 branch to Jules to double check over by around 8th May. I’m busy at the moment doing some contract work and launching a web page which take priority over unpaid additions to Juce.