Last GIT update and Mouse changes

The last GIT update have a single error that broke the win32 compilation :

:\developement\juce_git\juce\src\native\windows/juce_win32_Windowing.cpp(2232) : error C2514: 'juce::MouseInputSource' : la classe n'a aucun constructeur 1> x:\developement\juce_git\juce\src\gui\components\mouse\juce_MouseEvent.h(30) : voir la déclaration de 'juce::MouseInputSource'

(la classe n’a aucun constructeur = the class don’t have constructor) ?

Another point is about the Mouse changes. Maybe it’s me but the i’ve strange response from differents code that use the :

The old code was working good and the wheelincrement values are positive or negative (depend of the direction of the mouse wheel), now i’ve positive value in all case. Maybe i don’t have understand the implication of the latest modifications ?

I’ve got the same error compiling JUCE project. I don’t have wheel code, but my right-click context menus now appear and instantly disappear, instead of staying open till I click again. I imagine it’s related. Hope we’ll get a fix on Monday!

I face the same problem on Macintosh. I was able to generate this on juicer, didn’t try it on juce demo.

i noticed that The Jucer and my apps often make the mouse in “waiting” mode (a circular mouse pointer on win7) the mouse pointer works as usual but it’s not the arrow but this rotating thing, like the app is waiting for something (though it’s not).

Looks like a few of this have spotted this around the same time: see also http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5156&p=27847

Best wishes,

Pete

any word on this? i can’t compile because of this " ‘juce::MouseInputSource’ : class has no constructors", and my head hurts from how obnoxious GIT is.

I’ve fixed all that - try it now.

I’ve got SmartGit installed, but I’m having trouble trying to understand what it’s even doing. I miss the straightforward ‘just click SVN Update’ to get the latest stuff added to my junk.

What am i supposed to click on here? I try ‘fetch’ and it says “your local changes to ‘src/native/mac/juce_mac_NSViewComponentPeer.mm’ would be overwritten by merge. Aborting.”. Nice, thanks! I try it with the ‘merge somekindastuff’ option disabled, and it gives me a green tick next to the ‘fetch’ in the output spew, but… well, it still doesn’t compile. I’m sure you’ve fixed it, so I can only assume that it’s not got anything new.

I am baffled, and feel like an old man in a busy sci-fi future!

FWIW, i deleted my juce folder, and just re-fetched the whole lot, and it now compiles :slight_smile: so looks like your fix has been acquired.

if someone can tell me what to click on to do what real people call ‘update’, i’ll be very happy next time i need to get the latest. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You can pull or rebase. pull means that GIT will get the diff from the last time it has seen the remote repository up to now, and will try to apply those patch to your local branch.
Rebase does the opposite, it first get the remote repository and then applies your changes on the remote repository.

In all cases, you must commit to your own branch before doing such operation, else GIT will complain that there’ll be code lost in translation…
Please remember that commiting is a very light process in GIT (not the case in SVN).

Thanks Jules, it’s Ok for the Mouse Wheel.

But now there’s another problem with the mouseDrag (const MouseEvent &e) of the MouseListener class. It seem to be strangely delayed by few seconds ? I’ve don’t change anything to my code (before this problem in the latest changes) and don’t find anything similar in the demo to check before post here.

Someone have the same problem ?

I can’t think of any way a mousedrag could get delayed, unless the OS does it… Which platform?

Windows XP Pro.

I don’t understand, because the reaction come right after the update of the GIT with the mouse changes (right before your holiday). I can’t post my code but i’m sure that can be reproducible. I will try to find a little code for example.

Does the demo app do the same thing?

Don’t know ? Is a MouseListener used ? I will see that.

[quote=“maxprod”]Thanks Jules, it’s Ok for the Mouse Wheel.

But now there’s another problem with the mouseDrag (const MouseEvent &e) of the MouseListener class. It seem to be strangely delayed by few seconds ? I’ve don’t change anything to my code (before this problem in the latest changes) and don’t find anything similar in the demo to check before post here.

Someone have the same problem ?[/quote]

I have the same problem after update to the latest.

mouseDown, mouseDrag AND mouseDoubleClick of Component are either not get called or delayed. But mouseMove is fine. It’s on Windows XP SP3. Mac seems fine too.

BTW, the VC8 sln file is now actually a VC9 solution, I cannot open it with VC8 anymore.

i discovered this yesterday too! :slight_smile:

You just have to hack the version number in the sln file - sorry, I must have checked it in by mistake, I’ll put it back when I get a moment.

I just updated. But the mouseDown/up/drag of Component still does not work in Windows XP. Sometimes there is no message sent, sometimes it’s delayed.

I did some debuging and found the message are not even reached the following code in juce_Win32_Windowing when clicking on a component.

[code]

case WM_LBUTTONDOWN:
case WM_MBUTTONDOWN:
case WM_RBUTTONDOWN:
doMouseDown (getPointFromLParam (lParam), wParam);
return 0;[/code]

Seems to work perfectly for me. How would I reproduce what you’re talking about?