Latest tip, build error

When building the old jucer (no changes to anything, str8 from git)

CompileC build/Jucer.build/Debug/Jucer.build/Objects-normal/i386/juce_LibrarySource.o ../../src/juce_LibrarySource.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
cd "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac"
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x objective-c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -mdynamic-no-pic -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fobjc-call-cxx-cdtors -gdwarf-2 "-I/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/build/Jucer.build/Debug/Jucer.build/Jucer.hmap" "-F/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/build/Debug" "-I/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/build/Debug/include" "-I/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/build/Jucer.build/Debug/Jucer.build/DerivedSources/i386" "-I/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/build/Jucer.build/Debug/Jucer.build/DerivedSources" -c "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/../../src/juce_LibrarySource.mm" -o "/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/build/Jucer.build/Debug/Jucer.build/Objects-normal/i386/juce_LibrarySource.o"

/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:278865: error: 'MidiDataConcatenator' does not name a type
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp: In constructor 'juce::CoreMidiHelpers::MidiPortAndCallback::MidiPortAndCallback(juce::MidiInputCallback&)':
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:278823: error: class 'juce::CoreMidiHelpers::MidiPortAndCallback' does not have any field named 'concatenator'
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp: In member function 'void juce::CoreMidiHelpers::MidiPortAndCallback::handlePackets(const MIDIPacketList*)':
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/the jucer/build/mac/../../src/../../../juce_amalgamated.cpp:278851: error: 'concatenator' was not declared in this scope

Should have already been fixed in a check-in I made today…

i did a git clone about an hour ago.

Sorry - definitely sorted out now!

Huh. I thought you might have abandoned the old jucer, so I hacked the juce demo amalgamated code approach into the jucer, which worked. It seems to use an old amalgamated approach, not the new Jucer II generated code.

Could use the jucer to make a jucer project for the jucer to build juce interfaces until jucer is ready to build juce interfaces, I suppose.

Bruce

well it’s fixed but a new midi related one has come up, i wanted to build the BinaryBuilder, i did a clean clone and just opened the xcodeproj for BinaryBuilder
and…

CompileC build/BinaryBuilder.build/Debug/BinaryBuilder.build/Objects-normal/i386/JuceLibraryCode.o ../../JuceLibraryCode/JuceLibraryCode.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
cd /Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c++ -arch i386 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O0 -Wreturn-type -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-variable -DJUCER_XCODE_MAC_F6D2F4CF=1 -D_DEBUG=1 -DDEBUG=1 -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -gdwarf-2 -iquote /Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/build/BinaryBuilder.build/Debug/BinaryBuilder.build/BinaryBuilder-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/build/BinaryBuilder.build/Debug/BinaryBuilder.build/BinaryBuilder-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/build/BinaryBuilder.build/Debug/BinaryBuilder.build/BinaryBuilder-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/build/BinaryBuilder.build/Debug/BinaryBuilder.build/BinaryBuilder-project-headers.hmap -F/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug -I/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/build/Debug/include -I/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/build/BinaryBuilder.build/Debug/BinaryBuilder.build/DerivedSources/i386 -I/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/build/BinaryBuilder.build/Debug/BinaryBuilder.build/DerivedSources -c /Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/JuceLibraryCode.mm -o /Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/build/BinaryBuilder.build/Debug/BinaryBuilder.build/Objects-normal/i386/JuceLibraryCode.o

In file included from /Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/juce_amalgamated_template.cpp:394,
                 from /Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/JuceLibraryCode.mm:15:
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:52: error: 'MidiInput' has not been declared
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:52: error: 'MidiInputCallback' has not been declared
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:79: error: 'MidiInput' has not been declared
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:79: error: 'MidiInputCallback' has not been declared
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h: In member function 'void juce::MidiDataConcatenator::pushMidiData(const void*, int, double, int*, int&)':
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:65: error: 'MidiMessage' does not name a type
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:70: error: request for member 'handleIncomingMidiMessage' in 'callback', which is of non-class type 'int'
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:70: error: 'm' was not declared in this scope
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h: In member function 'void juce::MidiDataConcatenator::processSysex(const juce::uint8*&, int&, double, int*, int&)':
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:97: error: request for member 'handleIncomingMidiMessage' in 'callback', which is of non-class type 'int'
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:97: error: 'MidiMessage' was not declared in this scope
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:126: error: request for member 'handleIncomingMidiMessage' in 'callback', which is of non-class type 'int'
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:126: error: 'MidiMessage' was not declared in this scope
/Users/atom/devel/juce/extras/binarybuilder/Builds/MacOSX/../../JuceLibraryCode/../../../amalgamation/../src/native/common/juce_MidiDataConcatenator.h:131: error: request for member 'handlePartialSysexMessage' in 'callback', which is of non-class type 'int'

don’t hate me :slight_smile:

Thanks Atom, glad you’re there to catch my mistakes… fixed now (yet again!) There are so many build permutations now, it’s impossible to keep on top of them all.

Couldn’t have put it more succinctly myself!