License Thought

Just curious, but what are your thoughts on the CC - Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 license?

Another GPL lib I use that has commercial versions of itself switched to it recently.

Hadn’t heard of it before, though GPL seems to be working fine for me, and the thought of having to rewrite all my licensing fills me with dread! Can’t bear legal stuff.

Nor can I, that is why I try to find simple things. Mostly the reason I brought this up is that I was looking through the gui system root code for ogre (was having issues with cegui again) and I noticed just how much it acted like juce, so that came up on my mind again.

I am rather tied into cegui at this point so I am not sure I could switch (although cegui makes it quite tempting to do at times), but there are still far too many people who are unhappy with cegui, there are even a few trying to make their own at this point…

I could spend some time going through everything and changing it over if you wished. Would only take me a few hours.

[quote=“OvermindDL1”]Nor can I, that is why I try to find simple things. Mostly the reason I brought this up is that I was looking through the gui system root code for ogre (was having issues with cegui again) and I noticed just how much it acted like juce, so that came up on my mind again.

I am rather tied into cegui at this point so I am not sure I could switch (although cegui makes it quite tempting to do at times), but there are still far too many people who are unhappy with cegui, there are even a few trying to make their own at this point…

I could spend some time going through everything and changing it over if you wished. Would only take me a few hours.[/quote]

Sure, if you want to play around with it, that’d be interesting. There’d be nothing stopping people using juce with ogre if they were willing to open-source their own code, of course.

I can’t open source my code is why I press it… at least not part of it… Nor can I afford anything, I buy those 2-5cent Raman noodle things at Wal-Mart to eat, and I am still out of money…

So, ‘technically’ I am willing, in reality, I couldn’t open all of it.