Linux MakeFile: Projucer 5.2.1 works, Projucer 6.0.7 doesn't

I’m using Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS and I must’ve installed the older version of Projucer from the repos? (I don’t remember doing this but I must’ve as there it is).

Either way, today I downloaded the latest zip file (6.0.7) and I get all sorts of errors using the makefile generated there. One example being:

build/intermediate/Debug/include_juce_gui_extra_6dee1c1a.o: In function juce::GtkChildProcess::entry()': /home/aaron/datproj/Builds/LinuxMakefile/../../../../../usr/share/juce/modules/juce_gui_extra/native/juce_linux_X11_WebBrowserComponent.cpp:167: undefined reference to gtk_init’

FWIW, AFAICT, they both are using these extra linker flags:
-lpng16 -lz -ljpeg -lFLAC -logg -lvorbis -lvorbisenc -lvorbisfile

I’m not sure what the proper protocol is here. Should I post both of the Makefiles? They seem to have a fair amount of differences between them.

This was pretty frustrating so maybe I can help someone else avoid such a fate.

Thanks for any advice.

The error message shows that the JUCE code is in /usr/share/juce. Did you extract the JUCE 6.0.7 zip there? Or is this an older version of JUCE (maybe from apt)?

Weird. No I extracted 6.0.7 to my home/aaron/ directory.

So do I have two conflicting versions happening then?

If so, what would be the best remedy here? I’m assuming 6.0.7 is the latest/greatest even in Linux/Ubuntu? (I hope so anyway.)

Thanks for the response!