List of Android Pro Audio Devices

Is there a list somewhere showing all of the Android Pro Audio Devices?

1 Like

Please see list posted below.

1 Like

Thanks @fabian

I am considering trying out an instrument on Android, but not too much info. That seems like a very small device list. I wonder how the Moog guys and iKmultimedia pulled off their instruments.

Here’s the list of Android devices which report support for the Android Professional Audio standard (by reporting that they have the android.hardware.audio.pro hardware feature). List compiled 3rd March 2017, total devices: 46. I have not verified that these devices actually conform to the Android Professional Audio standard so please run your own tests.

You can obtain this list from Google Play by creating a test app with the following line in the AndroidManifest.xml:

<uses-feature android:required="true" android:name="android.hardware.audio.pro" />

Then upload the app to the Google Play Developer Console and view the list of supported devices.

BLACKBERRY

DTEK60 by BlackBerry– argon

GOOGLE

Pixel XL– marlin
Pixel– sailfish
Nexus 9 LTE– flounder_lte
Nexus 6P– angler
Nexus 5X– bullhead
Nexus 9– flounder

GOOGLE CROS

Asus Chromebook Flip C100PA– minnie_cheets
Acer Chromebook R11 (C738T)– cyan_cheets
Chromebook Plus– kevin_cheets
Google Chromebook Pixel (2015)– samus_cheets

NVIDIA

SHIELD Tablet– shieldtablet

SHARP

SH-M04– SH-M04
AQUOS EVER SH-02J– SH-02J
AQUOS L SHV37– FSP_u
Disney Mobile on docomo DM-01J– DM-01J
AQUOS U SHV37– FSP

SONY

Xperia X Performance– F8132
Xperia X– F5122
Xperia Z5– E6603
Xperia XZ– SOV34
Xperia Z4 Tablet– SGP712
Xperia X Performance– SOV33
Xperia X Performance– F8131
Xperia X Compact– SO-02J
Xperia XZ– F8331
Xperia Z5 Compact– E5803
Xperia Z5– E6653
Xperia Z3+ – E6553
Xperia Z5 Premium– E6853
Xperia Z3+ Dual – E6533
Xperia Z4 Tablet– SGP771
Xperia XZ– 601SO
Xperia Z5 dual– E6633
Xperia Z5 dual– E6683
Xperia XZ– F8332
Xperia Z5 Premium Dual– E6833
Xperia X Compact– F5321
Xperia X Performance– SO-04H
Xperia X Performance– 502SO
Xperia XZ– SO-01J
Xperia X– F5121
Xperia Z5 Premium Dual– E6883
Xperia Z5 Compact– E5823

TCT MOBILE LIMITED (ALCATEL)

TCL 950– idol4s_cn

VERTU

Constellation X– tron

3 Likes

Hey Don, looking at the website of Constellation X-tron, do you think we could get an NFR… seems to come with it’s own concierge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

1 Like

Thanks so much @Don_Turner. I’m actually not the developer, I’m the business/owner producer, but I am technically savvy. This helps so much.

Let me ask the most basic question here: Conceivably, if I produce a sample library for Android, I should experience minimum latency, if I use these devices?

If you follow best practice for obtaining optimum latency then you should be able to obtain the minimum possible latency on the device. On devices which conform to the Android Professional Audio standard this is <20ms round-trip latency. Typically output latency is higher than input latency e.g. on a Pixel device the output latency is ~15ms and input latency ~3ms.

I also feel it’s important to mention that whilst many Android devices report support for the Android Professional Audio standard there is (currently) no absolute guarantee that they do conform to all the specifications of the standard. The exception is the following Google devices: Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 9 (running M), Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P, which I have personally verified.

tl;dr. Don’t take that list as the absolute authority on a device’s audio performance, manual testing strongly advised.

@Don_Turner Do you have any apps on the Android store that are running successfully?

Not sure what you mean by “running successfully” - please clarify

Just wondering if you have any audio apps on the Android store.

Hey, sorry for the delay :slight_smile: I responded to your other thread with a list: Successful Synth/Sampler on Android

Thanks for the good information. It is very helpful to me.

As I am considering having a go at my first android release I was looking for an updated list of devices that say they support the Android Professional Audio standard so I followed the instructions from @donturner1. It returned a large list of 628 different devices which is a considerable amount more than back in 2017. This is from a total of 19,364 devices shown in the Google Play Developer Console.

Obviously its too many to list here so if anyone wants an up to date list to see if you want to release on android then please give me a shout and I’ll send you over the csv file.