I’m having the most horrendous time trying to track down a problem in one of my plugins. A very small number of users ( < 2 ) have reported that Live crashes when scanning the plugin in Windows. Of course I tried all the Windows machines I have access to and I couldn’t recreate the issue. Then I started creating Windows VMs to recreate the issue. Still no joy. Finally I was able to create the issue with a Windows Home VM and Ableton Live Lite 10. And yup, every time the plugin is scanned, it takes down Live.
- No other hosts show any problem, Renoise, FL Studio, Reaper, Waveform, Cubase, etc. All run fine.
- All tests pass PluginVal on the strictest level - that’s right level 10!!!
- I’ve removed all but a handful warnings, in my release build. The ones left are mostly in the JUCE code base
- I’ve ran the code through cppcheck just to make sure there is nothing suspect in the release build and have addressed most of the issues it presented me
- I’m using JUCE 5.4.7, but I also tried with the very latest master branch and it still brings live down.
- I’ve installed the latest C++ redistributables in the VM image.
I’m at a loss. The Live crash dmp doesn’t give me anything to go with. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might go about debugging this. I’m afraid that as soon as I install dev tools in the VM it will start working fine again. Are there some compilation flags / Projucer settings I can try? I’m really clutching at straws.