Logic does not recognise sidechain bus when implemented after first scaninng

I added sidechain bus to my plugin, but logic simply does not recognize it, or at least not show the sidechain selector on the plugin GUI.

WHAT DOES NOT work to solve the problem
Reset & Rescan does not help
deleting /Users/christian/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache
and killing AudioComponentRegistrar does not help

What does help:
renaming the plugin

There are similar threads to this problem, but nowhere a real solution

Does anybody know what to change, in order to get logic to detect the sidechain?

Looks like increasing the project version number, helps too!

1 Like

This is an ongoing problem. Has anyone gotten word from Apple on how we’re supposed to handle this? I can see the sidechain in a plugin I added sidechaining to, but a coworker cannot, and vice-versa with a plugin that he added sidechaining to.

Out of curiosity:

Does it detect the change after a reboot of the computer?
And after the user logs out and then back in?

No, I guess it’s some hidden-preference inside logic.
What I didn’t tried is to delete the logic plist file.

Hi there, anyone has found a solution to this?
I have the same problem and re-naming the plugin didn’t solve it.
Un-/Re-installing did it for one of the two third-party plugins affected, Logic’s native compressor has always shown the selector.
Logging on a different user brought things to normal and made me hope that resetting or copy/paste Logic’s preferences in the main user’s account would be a solution, it wasn’t.

Did you try to increase the project version number? (In Projucer?)

hey chkn, I’m not sure what you mean with that… just renaming would do or what does increasing project number mean exactly?

thanks in advance

D

In Projucer is an option to change the “Project Version” number, which corresponds to file the “Bundle Version” in Info.plist in the component-Bundle, if you increase this to “1.0.1” Logic will probably reevaluate the side chain status.

I’ve encountered this myself, and I can confirm that it seems the only way to get Logic to rescan plugins reliably is by changing the version number (increasing or decreasing the version number seems to work).

I’ve had some luck from changing the plugin code, rescanning, then changing it back.

1 Like

I just experienced this now and thankfully found this post. Bumping the version number worked for me.

What’s weird though is looking at the rescan logs does indeed show the side chain present - so I kept trying small code changes and rescanning - but that somehow doesn’t matter if Logic has already scanned it without the sidechain for a given version number.

I guess my next thing is to figure out how to auto bump the version number with every build I do, else this will be an annoying problem. I’d welcome any tips if someone already knows how to do this with Projucer + xcode.