I found an issue that AUv3 plugin made with JUCE causes Logic Pro X frozen when save and load a project contains multiple plugin instances.
An AUv3 plugin made with JUCE is installed. A simple plugin that is just built based on the template can reproduce the issue.
Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7, Logic Pro X 10.6.1
- Launch Logic Pro X and create multiple software instrument tracks, load AUv3 synth instance for each. In my case, I created 7 tracks.
- Create MIDI region that contains some notes for each track.
- Save a project and close the project.
- Load the saved project.
- Load project successfully.
- Logic Pro X freezes, cursor goes to infinite rainbow. Plugin seems not loaded completely (the plugin name is grayed out). 100% repro.
This does not happen for non-v3 AU. Checked JUCE 6.0.0, 6.0.5, and latest develop build and all repro.
Not sure if this is caused by JUCE or Logic. Does anyone sees the same issue?