Looking for a Sound/Audio Hardware Engineer

I am designing a product that is to be used at sports events in arenas/stadiums.

We play high-frequency signals on their PA system, which devices can decode.

We are running into trouble – some venues seem to have awkward sound systems.

I’m looking to find someone that has experience setting up and maintaining rigs. This may not be the right place, and if so I apologise. But someone here may at least be willing to advise me where to direct the enquiry.

A more ‘on-topic’ job posting to follow.

π

If you’re in the United States, the AES has resources for finding sound professionals in your area. It’s a small-ish community, so if you contact a few people they’ll be able to put you in touch with someone who is qualified if they aren’t.

That said - I’ve had the (dis) pleasure of running sound in an NFL stadium, and I know there is a team of people who work for the venue or at least for the sports teams who play there, and you can get in contact with them. Off the top of my head I know there’s at least a wireless/RF manager who you can get in touch with and they’ll be able to put you in contact with individuals with the stadium.

All that said, to “engineer” the situation - stadiums are quite possibly the most difficult sound reinforcement environment you can imagine, and it’s hell even for RF - let alone trying to broadcast data in the audio spectrum. I’m curious as to what your product can do that commercial wireless from the major players (Shure, Sennheiser) can’t do better, and even those kinda suck in that environment.

Why would you even want to play audible hi-frequency tones as a means to communicate?

We play high-frequency signals on their PA system, which devices can decode.

surely that’ll piss off all the patrons when they hear a 12K tone out of nowhere…

Rail

I know some big-sound noise boys if you want me to get a question over to them…