Managing plugin parameters in AudioPluginInstance

Thanks t0m for your help.
Your answer clarifies a lot. So the interpretation of the floating point values (mapping them to a discrete set of choice) happens inside the processor of the VST and I cannot do anything about it (not even with the AudioProcessor I get with the AudioPluginInstance after loading), correct?

Then I guess there is nothing I can do other than “measure” when the change happens via the GUI. I thought maybe JUCE was taking care of this “mapping” so I could edit the mapping function but it’s not the case. It happens internally in the 3rd party VST processor (correct?).

I tested in logic for the values of the discrete parameter “osc2waveform” (5 values in the GUI) and indeed it changes at non-equally spaced intervals of the float value (see image below).

It looks like I’d better switch to a VST3 plug-in, which indeed provides a much richer rose of information when using getText() (see image below for the output of getText() after loading a VST3 plug-in in the AudioPluginInstance)

I will check whether there is a VST3 version of the plugin available, I really like the Noisemaker synth!