Hi guys just updated two of my macs to Mavericks, i can share a little of my experience:
- You will be prompted to enter your admin password at launch, yadda yadda something.
- If your project uses as build setting the Defaults SDK, it will fail to build instantly since the default sdk is now 10.9
- You have to install the command line tools if you dont have xcode 5, use: xcode-select --install
- If your project uses the build fat binary option (Standard ARCH 32_64 bits something), it will get stuck on the Building Universal Binary Part, no errors just stuck forever, and i mean forever, i even did sudo opensnoop - Xcode to see what it was doing, nada, just stuck.
So i updated to Xcode 5 (actually 5.0.1) and:
- Project builds correctly no fails, yay
- Another project that uses a static library (somelib.a) fails to find some headers provided by that library, that seems like a bummer, will get to it later, now i must wait for spotlight do its thing.
Overall Mavericks is nice, no big features, apple stashed 2 icons on my dock maps and ibooks, i will open them someday, i dont like having multiple top bars across my monitors, they used to look much cleaner without them, anyway free is always nice, and Xcode 5 looks a little nicer (ui)