Midi Events Dropped in AAX Windows

I’m having problems with midi events (note-ons, note-offs, controllers) being intermittently dropped (not received by the plugin) on AAX Windows (32 and 64 bit versions). The problem is specific to AAX Windows. AAX Mac works fine as does all other formats (RTAS, VST, AU). I have tested under PT10 and PT11 dev and prerelease builds.

I notice that in the juce_AAX_wrapper.cpp process() function there is this comment:
// (This 8-byte alignment is a workaround to a bug in the AAX SDK. Hopefully can be
// removed in future when the packet structure size is fixed)

I don’t know if that might be related.

Any ideas?

Are you certainly using the latest AAX SDK version?

Problem solved. You gave me the clue. In juce_AAX_wrapper process() there is a workaround for a bug that was in AAX_SDK_2p0p0 but has apparently been fixed in AAX_SDK_2p0p1:

//(This 8-byte alignment is a workaround to a bug in the AAX SDK. Hopefully can be
    // removed in future when the packet structure size is fixed)//
    const AAX_CMidiPacket& m = *addBytesToPointer (midiStream->mBuffer,
                                                      i * ((sizeof (AAX_CMidiPacket) + 7) & 

This bug has been fixed in AAX_SDK 2p0p1 and so the workaround needs to be replaced with:

const AAX_CMidiPacket& m = midiStream->mBuffer[i];

On Mac I was still on 2p0p0 so the wordaround code was good. On Windows I was on 2p0p1 and the workaround was causing the problem.

was getting issues of MIDI being ignored with PT11 and came across this thread - now - i managed to fix my problem, but i also had a hunt through the AAX wrapper in the latest GIT and this workaround is still present in the code, should it not have been removed and replaced with the above?

Thanks for the reminder - yes, I'll update it to remove the workaround now!

Thanks for the reminder - yes, I'll update it to remove the workaround now!