Missing a demo from update 5.4.6? maybe?

Hi ! My first post!
Anyways, I am going through the SDK getting familiar with it and following the demo projects. Last week I had ran a demo that showed how to use a menu bar with icons that simulated how it would work by dragging new icons into or out of the menu bar. I can’t find it now… and I don’t remember what it was called…

The reason is, I had an error updating to 5.4.6 trying to update through Projucer. So, I just downloaded the update directly. After installing the update, none of the project demos would compile as everything was complaining about not having the correct version…

So, I just deleted everything and started over…

What I am doing is building each demo, then creating a blank GUI, and adding the demos as projects in the solution… (Visual Studio 2019)…

Just to get up to speed on the SDK, I am just building a test project with what I think would be needed, from the demos. Just about everything I would need seems to be covered in those…

What I am building is a stand alone project that can connect to a stand alone Kontact library (via a virtual midi port) and my midi keyboard.

The things I want to accomplish are, capturing notes from Kontact and from my keyboard, painting those keyboard notes on the app, etc… Except for the painting, everything is pretty straight forward for me. (haven’t looked at the redraw stuff just yet)

The objective of the app is to just write to text file in a format that I need for another app…

so, if I could be pointed to that missing demo, I would greatly appreciate it…

You might be talking about the DemoRunner > Widgets demo, which has a drag n/ drop tab, and a toolbar tab. On the toolbar tab, you can add and remove icons from a toolbar at the top. That’s still in 5.4.6 DemoRunner.

Yes indeed… that is it… thanks… welp, on my way to create some great bugs now… lol

naw, seriously, Juce just rocks… having a blast! Thanks!