We are having a problem with silence and corrupted waveforms in data recorded with Windows Audio. If there is a way to fix this, please let me know. Or is this a bug?
- Use DemoRunner.exe of Juce to reproduce the problem.
- Select “Windows Audio” for Audio Device Type.
- Record a sine wave for about 10 minutes.
- The waveform is disordered, and short waveforms are missing (silent parts).
(See attached capture image)
- The problem occurs even if I change the Audio buffer size.
- The problem tends to occur with external devices such as USB.
- The problem does not seem to depend on whether it is set as the system default device or not.
- It is almost impossible to reproduce the problem in exclusive mode, but the frequency seems to increase in debug build.
- The problem occurred even when the CPU load was low on a high-spec PC.
- When I wrote out the read/write stream of the “reservoir” memory of the “WASAPIInputDevice” class to a file, I found that there was no missing data when writing, but the missing data occurred when reading.
-We’re checking on Windows 10.
I would be grateful for any useful information.