Missing "winInet.h" with VS 2017 and JUCE v5.2.0

windows

I have looked around this forum and on Microsoft’s forums as well to repair the issue.

The issue is that Visual Studio keeps throwing errors on not having “winInet.h”.

I have done a clean install 4 times, and nothing has worked so far. I have also tried to repair the Windows 10 SDK, and set the Target Platform to the version I have installed.

I also tried to find wininet.h on my hard drive, but it is not in any of the Visual Studio Kit include files.

At this point it seems like a Microsoft issue, but I just wanted to resolve this error because I am getting extremely frustrated.

Which target SDK have you got setup in Projucer? 10.0.16299.0 is the recommended one as seen in this screenshot

Have you got 10.0.16299.0 installed? When you right click on #include wininet.h line in juce_BasicNativeHeaders.h what is the search path VS2017 reports? Is it looking in 10.0.16299.0 subdirectory?

Lastly, are you trying to build Projucer or a demo app or your own app? If you are building Projucer and you get missing wininet.h error, then try opening Projucer_App.vcxproj and replacing all 10.0.15063.0 with 10.0.16299.0 (after you get 10.0.16299.0 SDK).

I have to admit that I’ve had this problem as well, but it went away after a re-install of the Windows SDK via the VS installer. Maybe there was a broken update of VS which by mistake didn’t include this header?!? Anybody have any ideas?

I did everything that you said to do, so I assumed that it was a Visual Studio issue, as I deleted/reinstalled too many times.

Still not sure of the error unfortunately, but I did a clean install and it did the trick!

I’m glad to hear that you solved the issue! It’s a little strange, a number of people have reported the same problem. So clean install seems to help!