New Pro Tools plugin format: AAX

Yes, AAX will be my next major feature. I’ll be starting within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!!!

Is it possible to have outputs configuration support like 4 stereo + 4 mono in AU and AAX in new versions of wrappers?
This is a feature that is almost mandatory for virtual instruments, and current AU / RTAS wrappers don’t support it. I have some (veeery dirty but working) code for this if you interested.

[quote=“Buncker”]Is it possible to have outputs configuration support like 4 stereo + 4 mono in AU and AAX in new versions of wrappers?
This is a feature that is almost mandatory for virtual instruments, and current AU / RTAS wrappers don’t support it. I have some (veeery dirty but working) code for this if you interested.[/quote]

Let me get started on AAX and then remind me when I’m a bit more familiar with how it works…

Awsome!

This is great news, Jules! Thanks!

Sean Costello

Good news, Jules!

Alleluia !
Thanks for listening,

+1 :slight_smile:

Great !
Can’t wait ! (but I will patiently :wink: )

Hi Jules,
Any news about it?
Do you have an estimated time frame for when the AAX format will be ready?
Thanks

Sorry, have been distracted a bit in the last couple of weeks by other work, but it’s ongoing!

I did notice there was an AAX wrapper in the tip code. I took a peek inside and found it marvelously concise.

That’s exciting news! I’ll have to download the tip later today.

Sean Costello

Sean Costello[/quote]
Hold on Sean. It’s an empty file. I was being a smart-aleck.

Sean Costello[/quote]
Hold on Sean. It’s an empty file. I was being a smart-aleck.[/quote]

See, you shouldn’t have told me that. That would have been an amazingly dry joke.

Sean Costello

I saw some post that new AAX plugins REQUIRE the pace-protection scheme? Is this true?

Pro tools will only accept AAX plugins signed with certificate via “PACE tools” but not necessarily protected with “PACE tools”.

Thanks for clearing that up. I’ll look in the dev site of protools.

Harrie