Only one RTAS plug-in allowed

Hi,

I am creating a RTAS audio plug-in on Mac OS X (let’s call it “A”). Everything works fine so I created another one (called “B”).
But having the 2 plug-in bundles in the ProTools plug-in’s folder results in a bug: I can load A and B, but B no longer receives any events (A does).

To me, it looks like when ProTools starts, it loads all plugins symbols in memory but because A and B have been created with Juce they might share some common stuff which disturbs the message dispatcher (??). Does Apple events have any role in this? If this turns to be the problem, does it have anything to do with the “moreThanOneInstanceAllowed()” function that cannot return “true” on Mac OS X ?

For more information:

• Mac OS X 10.5.8, last Juce git version, same result with different ProTools versions.

• Only A in the plugin folder and one or several instances of A in PT session => OK

• Only B in the plugin folder and one or several instances of B in PT session => OK

• A and B in the plugin folder and one or several instances of A in PT session => OK

• A and B in the plugin folder and one or several instances of B in PT session => B does not work even if no A instance loaded! (alphabetically, A comes first so the message identifiers of be may be assigned to A ?)

Any help appreciated!
Helori

Sounds like you might be having obj-C symbol trouble - make sure you’ve set different JUCE_ObjCExtraSuffix values for each plugin.

Problem solved, thanks a lot!
(I have an xcode target for each plug-in, and all targets were using the same JUCE_ObjCExtraSuffix ! I changed this and now it works perfectly )