Orientation in iOS8

It works better for sure. I had to adjust my screen size to use the width as the height as i do landscape only, and then I had to take adjust y origin a little, but it's there.

One thing regarding the new Images.xcassets - Introjucer is still semi-clobbering my file.

At first i thought it would auto-pickup the images from my resources, it did not.

So I manually rebuilt the Images.xcassetts using XCode - this worked fine and built great.

Upon next save with the Introjucer though, it sort of merged my assets with a new, blank set. I now have one totally blank set of icons, alongside my old set, altogether in the one assets file.
If there was anyway that it could keep what I set in xcode, that would be ideal.

Thank you for this update.

The next thing I'll need to do with that is to make it actually add some images to the assets bundle. Will put it on the to-do-list...

I used the following in the "Pre-build shell script" field in the new IntroJucer and it works fine:

(all the graphics and JSON files are assumed to be in $PROJECT_DIR/../../../Images/ProjectName/Images.xcassets)

# Delete the Images.xcassets generated by Introjucer
rm -Rf $PROJECT_DIR/ProjectName/Images.xcassets
# Copy the correct Images.xcassets to the above location
cp -R $PROJECT_DIR/../../../Images/ProjectName/Images.xcassets $PROJECT_DIR/ProjectName/Images.xcassets

Actually Jules I am not sure that putting icons will solve all issues as Apple loves to change their specs for icons etc from one version of iOS to the next. Plus some of us will want to support certains versions or not.

Personally I just did the job "manually" once under XCode, and then copied the whole folder (and subfolders) including pngs and jsons. I then applied the above script and it seems to work thanks to your new IntroJucer code.

Thanks for the fix Jules. 

I'm still seeing some problems in the Demo on both simulator and device, do any of you see these too? 

- When rotating to landscape, the width of the demo is cropped to the portait (not lanscape) width, and the animated Juce logo is still centered vertically on what the portrait height would be. 

- the status bar is overlapping the Juce demo in landscape modes (and a gap is left where the status bar would be if the rotation were portrait). this is probably easier to understand looking at the screenshot. 

- the app starts in right-side-up portrait no matter what orientation the device is in. 

Nick

http://oi58.tinypic.com/14eaq8k.jpg

I saw that kind of thing while I was trying things out, but in the final version, it all seemed to work for me.

I just wiped my Juce repo and downloaded it again to make sure I didn't have some weirdness going on. 

I definitely still see the problem. Try running the simulator in one of the iPad modes, that's where I'm seeing this. iPhone looks fine here, so if you only tested in iPhone mode that might explain it.

No. It works for me now. Please be sure to use the latest version of IntroJucer and latest Jules' commits, to fill your icon and launch image asset catalogs, and to remove any iOS specific code that you might have used before (eg inverting x and y co-ordinates).

For some reason the asset catalog update does have some influence for this matter.

<EDIT> I am referring to my own app here, not Juce demo. I don't have access to my iPad now but will double-check when I do.

Hi Alan. I'm specifically talking about the Juce Demo on iPad (simulator and device). I am using the latest version -- i even wiped my repository clean and downloaded the latest to make sure there wasn't some hiccup somewhere. 

Rotation actually looks fine in my app, but mine is only designed to work in landscape orientation, so I don't have to change my layout on rotation like Juce Demo does. 

Correction... I do see the same problem as ndika in the Juce Demo. I didn't see it in mine because I only use landscape mode (up and down).

This gets pretty weird, pretty fast. I'm able to hack it to get it working, but things are not behaving as I would expect.

Of course I've got to swap out my height and width, but now I had to add that padding from the top to make it look right, I found that on the 4s simulator, the padding is just there - like there's a big black spot on top of my app.

FYI I've updated this again - seems to work on the iPad now.

Tested it on an iPad with iOS8 - works great! Thanks Jules!

Side note: when opening the app from a landscape orientation, it will open in portrait until you manually rotate the device. Just wanted to mention this because if you're using the simulator, it will always open in portrait so you might never see this bug. 

I confirm it works.

Thanx Jules !

The portrait/landscape glitch that ndika describes above is only in Juce Demo code, I think.