Parameters spaghetti nightmare

Please read my original post, as well as : Getting started in august 2017 with Juce 5.1

of course my code is a disaster.

• Why iterate when i have a timer doing it already? Because i didn’t have a timer when i wrote this.
  • i have tons of redondant stuff everywhere
  • i didn’t refactor/rewrite because i wanted to keep what’s working alive and moderately independant of other possibly broken stuff until i fixed bugs.
  • i couldn’t find anything but string to identify parameters.
  • the tutorial have automagic at works using the genericeditor, but i don’t use this because the projucer template don’t do it and the first tutorial don’t mention it (or i missed it).
  • i started my code without using parameters, i added them afterward when i realized i would need them to handle automation. so my UI is built manually the old school way.
  • my code is extremely poorly architectured and duct taped becaise i learn as a write.
  • some tutorial and sample code use shortcut that only works specifically in the context of the tutorial with extremely simple app/plugin. (eg : some sample have only 1 slider so no need to iterate/identify)
  • i have a dislike for C++ (but i love C) and avoid using it as much as i possibly can, therefore i barely know anything about C++11 and didn’t know C++14 existed until 2 days ago. i’m not a professional coder, i’m a linux sysadmin a DBA. i know tons of different language, master of none. But that’s not the reason my code sux. it does because, while the tutorials are greatly appreciated, they’re a mess. (i can come up with suggestion)
  • a lot of opensource code i found use external module that simplify parameters handling, UI construction, and other kind of glue between processor, editor, host. i don’t, and it wouldn’t be wise to do it until i learn more about how the “core” juce works. i installed it for the first time ever 3 days ago.

it’s no excuse, i hate bad code as much as anyone (or perhaps more than anyone, since i’m a sysadmin and have to works around poorly written code that mess up with the uptime of my servers) and i greatly appreciate your help, input, criticism (as long as it’s not “you should learn more about the language” : i know, right ? i code since 30+ years and still learn and i will still have to learn in 30+ years :wink: ).

thank you <3