Paris meetup

Hey guys! It was really great to meet you in Paris!

Just a reminder for Jules, something like static Font Font::getFromStringWidth(const String & text, const int width); would be great :-) 

See you next time, and thanks again to JB and Jules for... being there!

/Phil

Yes it was great to meet you guys for me too !

I think everybody should be able to stay in touch with the Meetup website, otherwise we may share our emails here. If you are interested, you can send me your email by MP, and I will send a grouped email to everybody with the information

See you later ;)

Ivan

Thanks folks, we also had a great time last night - it was good to finally put some faces to names!

It was very nice meeting you guys indeed, and I'm already looking forward to the next session !

Now that we know each other, maybe next time we could consider doing a few talks on specific subjects and/or demos, what do you think ?

For those of you who are in Paris, there's also another meetup happening in december, Paris Audio (http://www.meetup.com/Paris-Audio/events/214035842/), which might be of interest to you, even if it is less c++ inclined - the next session topic is focussed on web audio and spatialization 

My email: lorcan_at_@lmdsp.com

Btw Jules, the percussion thing I was telling you about: http://www.korg.com/us/products/drums/wavedrum_global_edition. I guess it uses piezo sensors for velocity/position detection, and quite probably an FSR element to gather pressure data.

The sensor tech is not really rocket science, and sensor feels a bit coarse, but the deep control/synthesis integration is really nice and makes it one of the most playable and expressive electronic instruments I've had a chance to try out.

I can't help thinking e-drums combined with the extended expression possibilities of the seaboard pressure sensors would make an amazing instrument .. 

Cheers,

Lorcan

Now that we know each other, maybe next time we could consider doing a few talks on specific subjects and/or demos, what do you think ?

+1 :-) 

Indeed! It was nice to both meet Jules and his new partner ROLI and to meet other audio developers and researchers.

I'll join the next Paris Audio Meetup, for those who will attend.

PM me if needed.

Thanks Julian and Jean-Baptiste!

Thanks, Lorcan and great to meet you too!

If you need any support organising a meetup, please let us know, we'd love to help. 

Thanks for the offer JB,

I must say I already have a lot of things in my hands till the end of this year at least, so unfortunately I won't be able to invest any time in this right now, but I'll seriously think about it for 2015.

I'll talk with the guys from Paris Audio, I'm sure some might be interested too !