Peggy2000 : Total Peggination

First beta of my new contraption. Didn’t even take two weeks! Lot’s of code being reused from other projects of mine as well as musicDSP though.
It’s not optimized yet, so it’s a bit heavy.

Peggy2000 / Source

So, waddaya think? Does it work? What should be changed or tweaked before I call this done?

(cross posting on KvR. )

2 hrs with a debugger rendered the following:

FIXED: Memory allocation buggsiboo. Could cause crashes.

FIXED: Removed old deletes that deleted things that didn’t exist.

FIXED: Sometimes a certain pointer would end up pointing all willy nilly. Could cause crashes.

So, if you’ve downloaded it earlier: The dll has been updated. Please give it another shot. :smiley:

edit___

Done some updates/changes…

Sorry to bump my own post, I just wanted everyone to see the new gui.

Nice huh? huh? :smiley:

It’s looking pretty cool, Rock. Haven’t had chance to try it out yet…

Hello every one - this is my first post in this forum.

I have downloaded your little gem and I must admit that it not only looks pretty cool but also sounds pretty cool - thumbs up.

If I may I will do a few observations.

As I was tweeking to create some sounds I got slightly frustrated not to be able to reset the synth to a basic sound.

In the Oscillators section, the arrows to select a different wave are misleading as one would think that clicking on any of them would change the selection (scroll) instead of opening a Combobox.

Also maybe it would be a good idea to offer a mean of memorising presets of sounds (but maybe that is already possible and I din’t find it)

Couldn’t make the pattern section work or at least didn’t find the trick to make it work.

Please do not change anything to the way it looks (or at least not too drastically), the design is great, funny and fresh.

Last but not least any chances that it will exist as a standalone?

One last word, this time to Jules, I have been toying with your excellent library and wanted to thank you for making such a great set of tools available to us. Hours of fun ahead - Thanks

Congrats and all the best

Montty

[quote=“Montty”]Hello every one - this is my first post in this forum.

I have downloaded your little gem and I must admit that it not only looks pretty cool but also sounds pretty cool - thumbs up.
[/quote]

Thank you. I’m am rather happy with it my self actually. :smiley:

Um, yes I removed all the presets because they were pretty bad. I might put some back in along with “plain” one.

That’s the JUCE standard combobox. Blame Jules :smiley: He get’s so much praise all the time so some blaming might be good for him. :smiley: I might change that it my own look and feel though.

That’s up to the host. It should offer you some way of saving the state or exporting an FXP file. Or both.

Click the square next to the text “Pattern”. Fill up the grid with some random dots here and there. Play a chord. If there is still no sound, turn all velocity knobs to zero (12 o’clock) and the Sust knob to 3 o’clock.

Thank you!

Possibly. I seem to recall Jules making a standalone wrapper for JAP. If so making a standalone version should be a matter of changing some defines. I am for various reason a little behind in the versioning so I’m not sure if I can do that. I’ll look in to it.

But, if you feel like timkering, you can always download the source and try to build it yourself. :smiley:

Um, yes I removed all the presets because they were pretty bad. I might put some back in along with “plain” one. [/quote]

Just 1 single default preset (i.e 1 oscillator, Sine, basic filter and ADSR no LFO etc…) would do to give a good base on which to start or to fall back to :slight_smile:

That’s the JUCE standard combobox. Blame Jules :smiley: He get’s so much praise all the time so some blaming might be good for him. :smiley: I might change that it my own look and feel though.[/quote]

Hehe LOL I will point my fingers toward Jules then :D.
Actually what triggered my surprise was that most combos (at least on Windows) only shows one arrow pointing downward. As in the Jules Combo there are 2 arrows pointing vertically in oposite directions I was mislead to think that it was only a simple scrolling list. Old habits dye hard I am afraid :smiley:

Possibly. I seem to recall Jules making a standalone wrapper for JAP. If so making a standalone version should be a matter of changing some defines. I am for various reason a little behind in the versioning so I’m not sure if I can do that. I’ll look in to it.

But, if you feel like timkering, you can always download the source and try to build it yourself. :D[/quote]

yep I think I have read something about that in the last release history anyhow I sure will do if I can free up some time and let you know.

Continue the good work.