Plugin Audio Host

Hi, just wondering what governs the black list on the Plugin Host?

The first path isn’t listed in the paths in the host so not sure where this is picked up from?
Also, the plugins work fine in a DAW but “fail to initialise” in the host - not sure where to be looking as there’s no more info…

thx

I’ve cleared all my paths and these errors still appear… I’ve done a complete clean and rebuild of the plugin host and they’re still there.

Ok, I’ve discovered I can remove entries from the blacklist via the delete key (doh, should have tried earlier) and then I get to this:

Tried develop branch to see if any different and now get these errors:
1> juce_audio_processors.cpp
1>c:\users\leehu\development\cpp\juce\projects\midisynth-tr8\source\PluginProcessor.h(32): error C3668: ‘Midisynthtr8AudioProcessor::setPreferredBusArrangement’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods (compiling source file …\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp)
1>c:\users\leehu\development\cpp\juce\projects\midisynth-tr8\source\PluginProcessor.h(32): error C3668: ‘Midisynthtr8AudioProcessor::setPreferredBusArrangement’: method with override specifier ‘override’ did not override any base class methods (compiling source file …\Source\PluginEditor.cpp)
1>…\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp(111): error C2039: ‘setPreferredBusArrangement’: is not a member of 'juce::AudioProcessor’
1> c:\users\leehu\development\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\processors/juce_AudioProcessor.h(45): note: see declaration of ‘juce::AudioProcessor’

So it looks like plugin code from master is not compatible with develop??

Yes this is correct. It’s very easy to fix though if you don’t have aux/sidechains and are not developing a midi effect plugin: simply remove the setPreferredBusArrangement callback in your AudioProcessor. Also remove any addBus calls in your constructor. Then - in the projucer - edit the “Plugin Channel Configurations” field. For example, change it to {1,1}, {2,2} if you only want mono or stereo.