i’ve have written a vst3, that is embedded in a Max for Live device (hosted by vst~). The Vst and M4L exchange information via udp/osc
Now I have the problem with one user that Live crashes when trying to communicate via osc. What I have done so far to solve this problem:
- firewall rules for live deleted and recreated (with all permissions granted)
- Run Live as Administrator
- Stop firewall temporarily
The user does not use third party virus/security. He is using Windows Defender with default settings.
I have the Ableton Crash log. The information I get from it is:
- The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual adress for which it does not have the appropriate access.
- Heap information: not available
Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Or maybe a tip on how I can narrow down my analysis or get more meaningful information?
I am grateful for every tip.
Windows 10 (Build 2004)
Live 10 Suite (10.1.17)
For OSC in M4L I use CNMAT’s Externals with max udp send/receive.
For OSC in the Vst I use Juce’ OSCSender & OSCReceiver
Other users with similar configurations do not experience this problem.
I myself use windows 10 as main development machine and never experienced this problem.