Plugin instance won't load on debug - JUCE Message Thread EXC_BREAKPOINT

Hey! I’m experiencing an issue when debugging which I don’t understand. The program won’t create a new instance of the VST3 plugin, and the JUCE message thread throws:
JUCE Message Thread (1): EXC_BREAKPOINT (code=1, subcode=0x1650ce368)

It seems like there is an issue with validating my parameters in Valuetree, but I can’t see what I’ve done wrong. The same code has worked before, and I also tried to change my approach by avoiding getRawParameterValue without results. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

A good practice is to avoid using raw strings to handle parameters. If you aren’t already, use a juce::identifier or juce::parameterId. They both have methods to get the wrapped string when you need to use a string as an argument. Typos are easy to make when using raw strings and all you get are vague runtime errors.

I can’t really see in my code where a String handling would throw me an error. But is it safer to just use AudioParameterFloat for everything?

Can’t really help much more than speculating, without seeing the actual code that triggers this series of events. Are you using a ValueTree or a AudioProcessorValueTreeState? If it’s a ValueTree, perhaps you have a data race occurring?

I’m using AudioProcessorValueTreeState. It seems like the location of the createParameterLayout() function was the problem. I must have put it too early in the AudioProcessor file.