Position of graphic items is rounded

Hi,

I have an IntroJucer component which defines a few graphics elements. I have a rounded rectangle:

<ROUNDRECT pos="273.5 540.5 30 17" cornerSize="2" fill="solid: 808080" hasStroke="1"
               stroke="1, mitered, butt" strokeColour="solid: ff808080"/>

But in the code this becomes

g.drawRoundedRectangle (274.0f, 540.0f, 30.0f, 17.0f, 2.500f, 1.000f);

The coordinates are rounded to integer numbers. This is fine if you're filling the rounded rectangle, but, when drawing a stroke you have to shrink the rectangle by 0.5 pixels, otherwise the lines fall between two pixels and you get a 2px wide line with 50% transparency. On most displays, (the usual low resolution 96dpi kind) this just doesn't look good.

--
Roeland

Yes, the old introjucer gui designer code is very old, and probably predates floating point rectangle coords!

Like I keep saying, the main reason for the inclusion of that tool in the introjucer is backwards-compatibility, or for quickly hacking a rough UI together which you might want to hand-tune later, please don't expect it to be a high-level design tool!

I see, thanks for the reply.

Just out of curiosity, I remember the screencast introducing the ProJucer from a while ago, which looked quite cool. Is it still in development?

--
Roeland

Am hoping to have the resources to finish it at some point!