As a freelance Junior Software Developer, your role would be to aid in project-based development and maintenance of Search, our sound library workflow software. We are looking for a commitment of at least 20 hours/week. This is a part-time independent contractor position with growth opportunity depending on performance.
- Implement new features
- Fix existing bugs
- Work closely with QA to reach solutions to known issues
- Ability to demonstrate projects you have worked on (either on GitHub or elsewhere)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
- Strong C++ skills
- Proficiency with Xcode and/or Visual Studio
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of audio software and sound design
- Experience using JUCE
- Familiarity with DSP processing algorithms
- MongoDB or similar NoSQL databases
- Located in New York City, Boston, or New England
Compensation based on experience.
Pro Sound Effects® develops the most useful sound effects libraries for next-level media production. Audio professionals in post, games, film, and television rely on PSE libraries to fuel creativity, finish projects faster, and produce better sound. Our libraries span the sonic spectrum, are continually updated and accessible 24/7 online, hard drive, and from any computer.