Problems with the SOUL_Plugin VST3

Hi. I think I found a couple of problems with the SOUL_Plugin VST3.

I’m using:
Windows 10 2004 19041.630
Visual Studio 2019
JUCE v6.0.4
SOUL 0.9.61

I built both the Release and the Debug version of the plugin.

-RELEASE:
Every time I try changing and saving a loaded .soul file REAPER crashes. (This doesn’t happen with the Debug version)
Error: “Exception thrown at 0x00007FF89EAF5E16 (ntdll.dll) in reaper.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x0000000000000024.”

-DEBUG and RELEASE:
The dry uneffected sound is always outputted.
For example: when playing a track through the Reverb example and setting both the “Wet Level” and the “Dry Level” at 0% the dry sound is still outputted.
I tried making a simple effect that only outputs 0.0f to the audioOut and sound still comes out.

I’m not sure if I’m missing something about the language or if this is a bug with the SOUL_Plugin VST3.

Thanks for the bug report - i’ll take a look and see what I can find

Thank you, by the way I forgot to mention that I’m using REAPER 6.17

Hi, I’ve tested again and both of these problems are still present.

-On the release version of the VST3 there is a crash when modifying a loaded .soul file.
-On both the release and debug versions the dry input always comes out (and this makes it impossible to use any SOUL FX with the SOUL_Plugin VST3).

SOUL 1.0.82
JUCE 6.0.8
REAPER 6.27

It took me a while to figure it out but the problem with the dry input is simply that the SOUL_Plugin is a VSTi. Reaper sums the input of the VSTi to its output.

Changing the VST3 Category in the Projucer from Instrument/Synth to Fx solves this issue.