Proud to announce my new juce power app: OctaneRender

Hi all,

After many months of coding my first juce project, using juce as for the UI toolkit,
i’m very proud to announce:

Octane Render
http://www.refractivesoftware.com

It’s an interactive GPU powered physically based render engine.
Check out the demonstration video on the demo site.

A useable demo version will be released in a few days.
The site is brandnew and just opened.

If you like, you can create an account on our brand new forums and drop us a message.

Thanks to everyone that’s answered my noob questions during the last months :slight_smile:
Radiance

Awesome stuff. Best of luck with it!

Holly sh*** !!! I had a look at your image gallery and it’s absolutely stunning ! The images are very beautiful indeed, and I needed some time to realize they’re not photos :wink: (at least some of them :wink: )

Nice!

THIS LOOKS GREAT! maxwell and fryrender will have a hard time incorporating GPU based engine, if the demo works I will certainly be buying a license. What other material types are you thinking of supporting? how about subsurface scattering and atmospherics. Also it would be great to be able to bake the solutions to textures such as AO . I don’t think Maxwell allows baking textures at this stage as they are doing maxwell RT and is a proprietary format. Good work!

All the best
Jay

[quote=“in23d”]THIS LOOKS GREAT! maxwell and fryrender will have a hard time incorporating GPU based engine, if the demo works I will certainly be buying a license. What other material types are you thinking of supporting? how about subsurface scattering and atmospherics. Also it would be great to be able to bake the solutions to textures such as AO . I don’t think Maxwell allows baking textures at this stage as they are doing maxwell RT and is a proprietary format. Good work!

All the best
Jay[/quote]

Hi,

we’re be adding support for volumetrics and SSS in the 2nd version.
there’s still a lot to do, the software is very young.

thanks for all the responses :slight_smile:

Radiance

For those wanting to play (need windows and an nvidia cuda capable card though, linux next week),
we’ve published a demo version to play with on the site :slight_smile:

Radiance