Quicktime component shows black while viewing image

I am trying to view an image using quicktime movie component without controller.
When i do resize, it is showing black frame sometimes, minimizing and maximizing the application refreshes again.

I checked in juce demo (Quicktime demo)by passing false for controllervisible in loadmovie function.

OS…? Juce version…?

Windows Xp, Windows 7
juce 1_50

Well, quicktime on windows is a bit flickery, that’s just the way it is. It has control of its own window and redraws itself in a flickery way. If you’re just displaying an image, why would you use quicktime anyway?

It’s common player to play the movies as well as image. Can we make controller visible and set the controller bounds to 0.

I don’t think you can do that. Controller is part of the quicktime player. You can hide it and show it coz apple provides an api for that. Setting bounds is taken care of my the player.

You can try calling load every-time your player is resized.

I don’t think loading every time is a good solution. Anyway some times just loading also shows only black frame.

When the player plays with controller there is no issue, then why should it have issue without controller.
Mr.Jules, i hope you can fix it.

Thanks,
Noorul

I don’t think there’s anything I can do to change the way QT draws itself, though you could try a repaint() of the QT component after resizing.