Release build with Jucer generated project failing

1. I generate a GUI Application project using the experimental Jucer in 1.51.

2. I launch the XCode project. I build and run Debug. It builds and runs successfully.

3. I change target to Release. I build and run.

I see a bunch of errors telling me that it doesn’t know what CALayers and other NSObjects are.

How do I fix this?

/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSView.h:321:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSView.h:321: error: expected type-specifier before ‘CALayer’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSView.h:321:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSView.h:321: error: expected )' before 'CALayer' /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSView.h:321:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSView.h:321: error: expected;’ before ‘’ token
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBitmapImageRep.h:165:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBitmapImageRep.h:165: error: expected type-specifier before ‘NSColorRenderingIntent’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBitmapImageRep.h:165:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBitmapImageRep.h:165: error: expected )' before 'NSColorRenderingIntent' /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBitmapImageRep.h:165:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBitmapImageRep.h:165: error: expected;’ before ‘)’ token
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:561:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:561: error: expected type-specifier before ‘NSViewController’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:561:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:561: error: expected )' before 'NSViewController' /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:561:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:561: error: expected;’ before '
’ token
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:566:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:566: error: expected type-specifier before ‘NSViewController’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:566:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:566: error: expected )' before 'NSViewController' /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:566:0 /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSBrowser.h:566: error: expected;’ before ‘*’ token

First, please try the latest version from GIT before I start chasing problems that were probably fixed long ago!

Did a git pull to update my local clone. Built and ran a debug version of the Jucer (experimental). I created an XCode project as a Gui application with a basic window that compiled and ran in debug, but in release gave me the build errors mentioned above. Same behavior as the 1.51 version. Using XCode 3.2.5. Compiling using GCC 4.2. Running on OS 10.6.4.

Just tried exactly the same thing myself and it’s fine… Can’t really think how you’d manage to not have those files, unless you’ve not got the latest SDKs installed or something.

I’ll make sure my XCode is up to date, but I’ve shared the project with a friend and he had the same problem. Kind of mysterious. I’d like to see someone try and reproduce on a machine with a fresh download of XCode and Juce. Any chance you could post a sample project that you created with the Jucer somewhere that worked for you that I could download and see if I can build it in Release? Maybe an attachment to this post?

H

The jucer is deterministic - it’ll produce exactly the same project files regardless of where you run it, so I think the difference must be something else in your XCode set-up. Though I really can’t think what it might be…