Releasing on iOS, thinks that should be known before

I just recently released my first plugin for Windows and Mac and right know I work on a port to iOS. While the app so far seems to run really well, I am confused/worried about the selling part on the Appstore. So maybe someone has some experience and can give some advices what I should know or how to to it best.
For my Desktop Plugins I sell them on a platform that buys the plugin from me and sells it to the customer, which means I don’t have to worries about taxes in different country’s. If I got it right the AppStore doesn’t work like that, or does it? How do you do it if you sell there?
As I understand it, if I have let’s say 100 customers from 50 different country’s I would have to pay taxes in all those country’s, which actually wouldn’t be worth it. Is there a way to do it easier? Or did I just completely misunderstand how the AppStore works. Would be happy to hear you experience and thanks in advance.

You determine the price on the iOS App Store. Apple handles taxes, then takes its 15% or 30%, and then pays you the remainder every month. Depending on where you live, you may need to do additional tax things but you can do these from the App Store Connect website. It’s fairly straightforward.

The downside of selling through the App Store is that you do not know who your customers are, and you don’t get direct access to them. On the upside, there is no need to mess around with license codes etc.

2 Likes

automatically handling sales tax for all locales is one of the best features of apple’s store imho.

2 Likes

Oh ok seems I got it wrong then, I was worried that I have to handle them myself, which would probably a dealbreaker. Good to know I got it wrong ^^