Request Review

Hi, would anyone happen to have a code example of how you go about requesting a review on the App Store, that they wouldn’t mind sharing please?

I don’t know any Objective C or swift so will need it spelling out. I think it’s part of the store kit framework. Any additional info with regards to requesting review on 3rd app use or whatever would be greatly received.

Thanks.

I’m really struggling to find any information related to this, from a C++ perspective. are any juce users requesting reviews on the App Store that wouldn’t mind helping me out?

Thanks

Are we talking about the Mac/iOS app store?

Once you “archive” your program with Xcode, you will have a “distribute app” button that will upload the build. Then on the app store connect website you can request a review when you distribute a TestFlight beta or the final app.

For all of those to happen though, you will need an Apple Developer account.

Thank you Eyal.

Yes I have a developer account, what I’m referring to is actually having an app live on the App Store, and then sending a review request to the user on maybe the 2nd or 3rd time they open then app. You know the pop up box that asks you to rate the app out of 5 stars?

I know this functionality is available within the Storekit framework (SKStoreReviewController) but I don’t know how to set it up in C++ with it being Swift.

Thanks

Ah sorry, I misunderstood your request. Yes, I’d also like to know how to do that. :slight_smile:

If you want to show a review window in your JUCE iOS app, create a header file .h and .mm file:

// review.h
void showReviewController();
// review.mm
#import <StoreKit/StoreKit.h>
#include "review.h"

void showReviewController()
{
     if (@available(iOS 10.3, *))
          [SKStoreReviewController requestReview];
}

Of course, you must add also StoreKit to your Extra System Frameworks in Projucer or do it via CMake/XCode. Then call showReviewController() from any place in your app.

3 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe it was that straight forward. Thanks a lot mate, it works a charm in my test app :handshake: