Also strings in RTAS land (probably AAX as well) should be 32 characters long max, and have newlines sepearing between multiple strings, with ecah subsequent string a shorter version of the initial string so it could possibly be used on control surfaces with limited character display
void DefineManufacturerNamesAndID(const char *name, OSType manufacturerID);
* \brief CALL: Defines the names of the overall plug-in, and the version number.
* The developer can use this call within their Group constructor to define the global name of the plug-in.
* This name is distinct from the individual names of each Type. A version number should also be
* \param name Format: \a "Spork Tools II\nSporkTools2\nST2".
* \param versionNum The plug-in's version number.
void DefinePlugInNamesAndVersion(const char *name, UInt32 versionNum);
* \brief CALL: Defines specific properties of the entire plug-in -- for all Effect Types.
* The developer can use this call from within their Group constructor to define characteristics of the global plug-in.
* By default, these two gestalts are currently the two most reasonable to declared at the Group level:
* \li \a pluginGestalt_SupportsDeckChange Allows RTAS and TDM Types to be automatically swapped by DAE.
* \sa CEffectType::DefineRelationID().
* \li \a pluginGestalt_IsCacheable Allows the plug-in to be cached for faster DAE loading.
* If you are adding other gestalts at the Group level, make sure it makes sense!
So createRTASName should be more along the lines of:
static String createRTASName()
return String (JucePlugin_Name).substring (0, 32) + "\n"
+ String (JucePlugin_NameShort8).substring (0, 8) + "\n"
+ String (JucePlugin_NameShort4).substring (0, 4);