RTAS crashes when updating to latest JUCE code


#1

I’ve just spent a few hours trying to find out why, after updating to 2.0.27, my RTAS plugins built happily but caused ProTools to crash somewhere in the ProTools dispatcher. Comparing my projects to the Juce plugin demo I finally realized that there’s a new file “juce_PluginUtilities.cpp” that has to be included in the project, which is now exposing DllMain as far as I can see. Maybe this helps other people who stumble across the same issue, as there’s really no indication during the build process that something is missing (well, I guess DllMain is not called from anywhere inside the dll so there’s no linker error).